All The Lead the Way Lacrosse Day of Heroes activities are schedule to proceed as normal with one exception.
Due to restrictions placed by the Federal Aviation Authority and Port Authority of New York, the U.S. Special Operations Daggers and Rangers Parachute Jump at the Lacrosse Day of Heroes is canceled.
ALL OTHER EVENTS OF THE DAY WILL PROCEED AS SCHEDULED!!!
The U.S. Special Operations Daggers and Rangers Parachute Jump will be re-scheduled at a future Lead the Way Fund event.
Both Authorities are expecting a drastic increase in the amount of international air traffic over Long Island this weekend. Flights which had been cancelled due to the Iceland volcano ash clouds will be resuming tomorrow and the descent and ascent paths could be dangerously close to the altitude of the Daggers and Rangers performance. In addition, flight schedules in and out of JFK airport are already compromised due to the re-surfacing of one of their main runways. This will result in further delays over Long Island as planes await the okay for landing.
We sincerely regret the disappointment our supporters will undoubtedly feel, but in the interest of the safety of those in the air and on the ground, the Port Authority and the FAA have obviously made the correct decision.
Again, the U.S. Special Operations Daggers and Rangers Parachute Jump will be re-scheduled at a future Lead the Way Fund event.
Thank you for understanding.
The Boston Marathon is in its 114th running and “Team Ranger”, consisting of 5 Army Rangers, will be participating to raise funds for the “Lead the Way Fund”. Donate to the “Lead the Way Fund” in the name of those Rangers below.
A team of athletes has come together to represent the Lead the Way Fund in the 2010 Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon. Michael Mucciolo, the primary organizer, Greg Tarca, and Ryan Miller will handle the team operations and fundraising on the west coast. As the national Lead the Way Fund portal we have setup a donation button below for those who would like to support the team as they are tested in this grueling Triathlon.
The 2010 Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon will take place on May 2, 2010 at 8:00am.
The Escape from Alcatraz Triathlon includes a 1.5 mile swim from Alcatraz Island in the San Francisco Bay. The race continues with an 18 mile bike ride out the Great Highway, through the Golden Gate Park, and concludes with an 8 mile run through the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. The finish is at The Marina Green.
A new window will open in your browser.
- Recognition ceremony of local heroes.
- Lacrosse shootout, staggered 3 game format.
- All day merchandise sales, food and drink sale.
- Student Rate: $8 (3 – 17 years of age)
- Adult Rate: $15 (18 years of age and over)
- Stadium field access will be restricted until 10:30 AM.
- There will be one entrance to the stadium from the rear of the parking lot.
- All attendees MUST have a printed receipt from Pay Pal with a Photo ID (no exceptions, refunds, exchanges or substitutions).
- All seating is first come first serve. Games and activities are subject to change. This event is RAIN or SHINE!
- Parking and fields are located at St. Anthony’s High School
- 275 Wolf Hill Road South Huntington, NY
- Map directions, click here.
- All sales are final and non-transferable.
- Games will be played rain or shine!
- The event will take place at St. Anthony‟s High School, Huntington New York. As a result, School and State rules dictate that NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, TOBACCO PRODUCTS, COOLERS, PETS or BACKPACKS will be allowed on School property. More than 4,000 attendees are expected to participate and take advantage of the day‟s events. Some of the events will be covered by MSG Media and broadcast regionally to its household subscribers. This promises to be a fun, exciting and patriotic day for all.
- Please note, all scheduled activities are subject to change.
- To purchase your tickets click (https://www.leadthewayfund.org/events). You may purchase as many tickets as you want. All purchases should be done online and all major credit cards are accepted. Tickets are $8.00 ages 3-17yrs and $15.00 for Adults, children under 3 are admitted free; apologies there are no discounts. ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
- Once you have completed your online purchase you will be directed to a receipt page. YOU MUST PRINT OUT THAT PAGE AND STORE IT IN A SAFE PLACE. YOU MUST TAKE YOUR PRINTED PAYPAL RECEIPT AND YOUR PHOTO ID WITH YOU ON THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
- We expect this event to sell out quickly. Any tickets that do not sell during the pre-sale event will be sold the day of the event in the rear of the school by the softball field. We CANNOT guarantee that any tickets will be available the day of the event.
- Activities will begin at 11:15 AM. There will be no access to the stadium field or the back of the school until 10:30 AM and entrance to those areas will be restricted to Pay Pal receipt holders only. At that time wristbands will be distributed. All attendees must have a Pay Pal receipt and ID regardless of age or which game you are attending (no refunds, exchanges or substitutions). The only exception is for those high school players and coaches who are participating in the games.
- All attendees must enter at the back of the parking lot by the softball field. All other entrances to the school will be secured and entrances to the event will only be at that location. Once you arrive at the site you may come and go as you please provided you have your wristband.
- All seating is first come first serve basis
- This is a rain or shine event.
- All costs from the event including the purchase of tickets are tax deductible as allowed by law. The proceeds will go to the Lead the Way Fund, a 501 C-3 charity.
Come join us as we celebrate our Country and those who defend it. God Bless America!