The Lead The Way Fund is excited to announce that we have generously been granted discounted slots in the (CMC’s) Civilian Military Combine’s NYC Urban Assault Race in Brooklyn, NY on September 22, 2012. This is the first time ever that CMC Urban Assault Series “the ultimate test of strength, agility, and endurance” is being held in the NYC area. This is an extremely physically demanding race.
Please email [email protected] with interest in participating in this event. Once participants have been approved, they must set up an individual fundraising page on FirstGiving and meet the minimum required Lead The Way Fund fundraising goal for this event of $350.
The CMC competition is broken down into three components to test strength, endurance and agility.
- Race day structure will consist of “The PIT” (lifting element) into a 5 mile race with strategically placed military obstacles. This structure is what separates the Civilian Military Combine from all other races and competitions. The PIT is designed to be the great equalizer by leveling the playing field between power athletes and endurance runners to determine the best overall conditioned athlete. This race structure has been carefully created, refined and reviewed by the top strength and conditioning coaches from the CrossFit community, United States Armed Forces and USA Triathlon Organization Race Directors.
Exercise Elements of the PIT (lifting element):
- Barbell Thrusters (75lb men/45lb women)
- Box Jump (20 inches for both men & women)
- Kettlebell Swing (20kg/44lb men & 12kg/26lb women)
For more information about the Civilian Military Combine and the NYC Urban Assault event see below or visit the CMC website at www.civilianmilitarycombine.com. You can also click here to watch the CMC Urban Assault Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GO6NY_yLSS8.
The Civilian Military Combine (“CMC”) is the premier race event in the fast growing obstacle course adventure race space. CMC provides the best designed, most exhilarating and unique format of any race available to the public. Designed for all level athletes to test strength, endurance and agility, CMC’s race day structure consists of the adrenaline pumping strength element called “The PIT” transitioning into an exhilarating military grade obstacle course race strategically positioned throughout. The difficulty of the CMC competition is determined by the competitor and attracts both weekend warriors looking for the ultimate challenge as well as competitive athlete looking to win.
At the Civilian Military Combine the PIT is the inspirational start of the race where each heat of roughly 100 competitors charge into an area size of a football field surrounded by cheering fans and motivating music. The PIT is designed to be the great equalizer by leveling the playing field between power athletes and endurance runners to determine the best overall conditioned athlete. It consists of 4 basic movements: 2-body weight resistance and 2 with light weight resistance:
- Thruster (75lb men; 45lb women
- Box Jumps
- Kettlebell Swings (20kg men; 12 kg women)
The Civilian Military Combine race takes place over 5 mile course with obstacles and natural terrain. Designed to test participants’ endurance, this race is unlike any mud run they’ve been in before. Taking place after completion of the lifting pit, the race includes massive military obstacles, strategically positioned to put participants’ athletic skills to the test. CMC has designed its race to put endurance and strength athletes on equal footing.